Saturday, January 28, 2017

#770 UNKNOWN MANUFACTURER - UNIDENTIFIED DICHTER QUARTET (Around 1955)


MONTH OF THE UNKNOWN

I have a few interesting toys that I have been collecting over the years from which I know nothing at all. They cannot be identified since they have no manufacture marking. Despite searching the internet, I couldn´t find anything about them, so I changed my mind, and thought it may be better if I publish them now, and people reading this could help me identifying them.

There will be 11 toys (all 11 entries from January 2017), but I warn you: it is not an easy task to identify them. Are you ready for this challenge?

If I get hints and information, I´ll be updating the posts to add information about them. Thanks!
 
If you like the challenge, there are other toys in this blog waiting to be identified, click here to see all unidentified toys.
 
 
After so many years writing this blog, I think I don´t have to say I love all card decks. I found this for very little money and I think it was a great buy.
 
 
The deck is a classic quartet game with no indications at all, although it is 99% sure made in Austria (there are many Austrian authors in) and also from the mid to late 50s (for the style of the box, the colouring and the cut of the cards.
 
 
 
 
It seems to be a low quality product, typical from the post-war times. I would say it has never been played, since the cars still have nice edges.
 
The beautiful illustrations in each card represent the portrait of the author plus some small scene of one of the four selected works they wrote.
 
 
FACTS AND FIGURES:
  • Name: DICHTER QUARTETT
  • Year: Around 1955
  • Company: Unknown (Austria)

No comments:

Post a Comment